Well, here it is, the proverbial start of a new year post. I realize I'm about 2 months late but an awful lot has happened to me in such a short span of time and most of it not great. I will get back to that in a later post as it was a significant event... Continue Reading →
I always feel like at the start of September there is a newness in the air, almost more than the beginning of the calendar year. I guess it comes from years in the American school system where September brought the beginnings of a new school year, a new grade level, a new challenge. Nowadays I sometimes... Continue Reading →
You think you turn me on With your smooth talkin’ and your bad jokes But the only joke I see … Is you There may have been a time your touch Once thrilled me…Once excited me…. Once sent me into girlish daydreams Filled with thoughts of how there might be something there But your refusal... Continue Reading →
The meal was bland, the poorly chosen restaurant painfully quiet and listening to the sales manager Diana had set her up with was about as interesting as watching paint dry. “Curled up in front of the TV watching a movie marathon is starting to look pretty good,” Piper thought drily as she took another sip... Continue Reading →
I absolutely adore this!!
1) Life is a steep, uphill battle but it’s fierce & it’s beautiful & you’ll be sad to see it go if you live it right.
2) New people won’t stop coming into your life and opportunities won’t stop knocking on the door but you need to have the space for them. In all you currently have– be them relationships or obligations– step back and ask yourself “why.” If you can find the answer, hold tighter. If the answer escapes you, it’s time to let something go.
3) You should resolve to be awesome for the rest of your life. Right now. Do it.
4) Leggings, no matter how much we wish, will never one day magically transform into pants. Wearing them with tops that don’t cover your bum is not cute. Please, please, please stock up on pants.
5) Goals are not a January 1st kind of thing. Set…
View original post 1,422 more words
Seriously there is so much truth in this post! Unbelievably accurate.
when i was thirteen, i couldn’t wait to be eighteen. i thought i’d know it all by then- have all the answers and that prized freedom. and when i was sixteen, i planned to be married by age twenty-three with two kids. i’ll always smile to myself when i think about how time changes things. and when i turned twenty four i made a list of as many goals as i had in years. by my 25th birthday, i’d accomplished them all.
and a funny thing happens about the time you turn twenty.five. people start asking about marriage and kids and houses. and you begin to worry about savings, retirement, and health insurance. you start spending your money on plates.pots.new tires. short term sacrifices for long term gains, right? and sometimes you start to compare your 25 years with everyone else’s. you wonder if you’re on the right track because…
View original post 654 more words